Top tips for planning wedding
Whether you are planning your wedding in the UK or abroad, but planning for your big day comes with so much self induced pressure that can make the build up to the day itself being intense and very stressful. So I thought I’d ask some previous brides what they thought might be some top tips or ideas that could make the planning of your special day that little bit easier.
So here are just a few of the responses from some of my previous couples;
- Try not to stress, easier said than done we know but honestly come the day you won’t have a care in the world.
- Try and make it personal to the both of you by adding d.i.y elements, it really does help with the stress (knowing things will be done exactly as you want them) Remember what’s important!!
- If you start feeling like your freaking out stop whatever it is your planning that day and have some ‘you’ or ‘you two’ time, you don’t have to do wedding planning everyday.
- Have faith that your efforts will be worth it, again if you start stressing, know that come the day it will be magical no matter what!!
- Don’t have too many people with you when dress shopping, as special a time as it is at the end of the day it’s YOUR DRESS, you won’t want or appreciate comments coming from everyone.
- Don’t sweat the little things, going back to remembering what’s important!
- Don’t get caught up in perfection, your special day will be perfect from start to finish!
- When your big day arrives make time for just the two of you! You’ll need and appreciate it!
- Lastly just enjoy each and every minute, the whole day goes by far too quickly and is all one beautiful blissful blur!
How many months before did you book photographer: On average most of my couples have booked me well in advance, some even 2 years in advance, however I do sometimes get last min bookings, with months or even weeks to go before their big day. In planning your wedding day, then book the photographer you want as soon as possible, to ensure you get the person you want for your day.
Any tips on choosing/deciding photographer: The personality of the photographer/s, their experience , the image quality and their style and also by reading the recommendations & reviews on their website all helped us with choosing a wedding photographer.
Why we chose our photographer: This was a no brainer for us, Rob is a fantastically talented photographer. His work really is amazing be it weddings, portraits etc. He has an excellent eye and the way he works is amazing too, some of our wedding photos we didn’t even know had been taken. Rob is such a gentleman and was a lot more personal which was lovely. We can’t thank Rob enough for capturing our big day so beautifully, we we’re both so happy to have him play such a big part of it all & celebrate with us!!
Describe how we felt when we saw the images for the first time: Whilst waiting for our photo package Rob very kindly sent us sneak previews which overwhelmed us. When the package arrived we we’re blown away, I cried for a good while going through them all and we could not stop looking at them. We knew Rob was good but come on!! We have and will continue to recommend him.
Venue/ceremony descriptions, why we chose: Some couples pick a venue due to a many number of reasons, such as family history, style of their wedding and also due to availability. If you want somewhere unique, then i’d suggest you plan well in advance to get where you want.
Rob Grimes Photography is a Nottinghamshire based photographer specialising in creative documentary wedding photography – documentary style photography that tells the story of your day along with fine art couples portraits using creative lighting techniques. Rob is available to shoot weddings, elopements, couples sessions in Nottinghamshire and throughout the UK, Europe, America and worldwide for destination sessions.
To book me or enquire then please get in touch, I’d love to hear from you.